Monday, March 10, 2014

Live Performance

For this week's post, I want to mentioned that I got a chance to see The Lion King boardway show. Best performance I have seen by so far & the musical part was amazing. I love the fact that they kept it exactly like the movie but they added new music to some parts. The music I enjoyed hearing the most is called "He lives in me," first time seeing an African lady chant & it was impressive! Check it out: (0:38) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsylXAaXbxg

2 comments:

  1. I love this musical! One of the coolest parts for me was when the stampede came and Simba was trying to dodge all the animals! The way they made it look was so cool, so much production was put into it. My favorite song they did was "I Just Can't Wait to be King", growing up it was my favorite song to sing so I felt really nostalgic when I saw it live in theater! I wish I could see it while it's here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dang, I went to see it back in February, definitely a FAN- fill in the blank - TASTIC show. the he lives in me song was a song that i was always looking forward to hearing in an actual performance since it was "live only" song. just like beauty and the beast, the song i always wanted to hear was "if i can't love her" but unfortunately, that is play only and was never present in the disney movie. :( but i must agree with you, paul, this show made me feel like i was 10 all over again for a good 2 hours.

      Delete